Reporting to:Learn Manager
The IIE (Pty) Ltd is the registered provider of higher education which is offered through the following educational brands: Vega, Varsity College, Rosebank College and IIEMSA. The Independent Institute of Educations' Central Academic Team (CAT) is responsible for the academic leadership and governance of the work done at the brands while each brand is managed as a business entity by its own divisional management team.
The LCD is responsible for the production and maintenance of digital media content and solutions for online and offline purposes. This means that print, audio, video, web and interactive materials are outputted for The IIEs' communication, operating and Teaching & Learning requirements. One of the key purposes is, but not limited to, online supplementary content for academic modules which is accessed via the student and lecturer portals, and as applicable to the Learning Management System (LMS). Another important area of delivery is the management of the online spaces which fall within the Content Development Teams' scope of responsibility such as the online academic forum, IIE Connect, and other social media spaces.
Key Performance Area:
- Edit and assemble the supplementary material into a media support package on the LMS (Blackboard), webpage or other online environments, for the specific programme or module and draft instructions and/or guidelines for lecturers and/or students on how to use the material.
- Contribute to the documentation and development of methods of digital media production in the areas of, but not limited to, print media, web and audiovisual media.
- Build and/or produce and maintain environments for the web using proprietary and/or open-source software related to The IIEs' and/or CDTs' requirements.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of appropriate standards, procedures and documentation related to the LCD area.
- Communicate effectively with other team members and stakeholders to promote cooperation and mutual success.
A Tertiary Qualification, B Degree is recommended, in the related discipline Multimedia or IT, but formal training in a range of media packages will be considered.
Two years of working in a multimedia production environment. Curriculum development experience would be an additional benefit.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Use Adobe Creative Suite as a production tool.
- A high level of general IT competence, with experience in web development, graphic development, using a web content management system, video editing, animation and strong digital media manipulation skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to learn new software packages when needed.
- Good communication skills: written and verbal.
- Interpersonal skills characterised by tact and diplomacy and an ongoing ability to participate effectively in a team.
- High delivery ability, including capacity to organise own work and work against tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Can work under pressure.
- High levels of energy.
Work outside of normal hours may be required.