To assist the Registrar in meeting the compliance and admissions requirements for the OoR and The IIE.
Supervision of specific projects or staff members, building the capacity of the Registrar's team and streamlining systems and processes within the Office of the Registrar.
Key Performance Area:
Admissions: Maintain a System to Ensure The IIE Regulatory and Statutory Admissions Compliance
- Manage the Office of the Registrar (OoR) admissions processes, including guidance and support to the brands and the OoR staff. This includes but is not limited to:
- Admissions Policy and Procedure implementation and monitoring.
- Monitoring timeous resolution of queries through SATS and other reports and managing the work of supervisees.
- Ensuring up to date admission letter templates.
- Ensuring up-to-date and accurate admissions records for audits.
- Planning and running admissions workshops/ Learn Activities for the OoR and the brands.
- Ensuring accurate and timeous reporting of international students to the Department of Home Affairs.
- Reviewing queries as assigned or escalated to you.
- Ensuring ongoing effective admissions systems and process flows.
- Report to T&L and Senate on admissions matters.
Systems Management and Maintenance
- Management and maintenance of the RegistrarSupport Service Desk (Tracer), including timeous and effective monthly reporting and resolving own queries on Tracer.
- Overall oversight of other Registrar platforms, e.g. SATS, Nexus, CRM, MMTS, QCTS, PPTS, AGTS, Communication grid, etc. and facilitating enhancements that will improve service delivery to customers.
Policy and Procedures Review, Implementation and Audit
- Developing process flows for key Policies and Procedures used by the OoR and ensure that these are maintained.
- Contributing to the review of Policies and Procedures.
- Resolving Assessment Appeals
- Ensuring a process that will ensure clean audits in the OoR.
- Assist with IIE Policy and Procedure Audits as required.
- Assist with compliance reporting and tracking as required.
General Management and Support, Projects and Meetings
- Responsible for performance management reviews and catch up sessions with supervisees and to report fully to the Registrar on these
- Attend Faculty Boards, Teaching and Learning and Senate meetings and provide input as required.
- Update OoR calendar with project dates and ensure supervisees have done the same.
- Participate in interviews of new employees for the OoR, as required.
- Assist with work required on new acquisitions.
- Capacitate team members as required, e.g. where team members secondary tasks relate to your primary tasks.
Bachelors degree or equivalent.
At least 5 years experience with a proven track record in admissions management, compliance reporting, policy and procedure and systems development, implementation and management. Preference is given to appropriate higher education experience.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Management skills.
- Excellent organisational, communication, administrative and customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask while retaining attention to detail.
- Comfortable with multiple accountability lines
- Computer skills: high levels of MS Word and Excel skills and prior experience in working on a document management or similar system
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- High standard of written and spoken English.
- High level of emotional maturity and integrity.
- Essential knowledge required for success in this post:
- Higher Education Act and its relevance to private providers
- CHE and HEQC frameworks and criteria as well as the HEQSF
- NQF Act, regulations and the NQF
- DHET regulations for registration of private higher education institutions
- DHA Immigration Act and regulations
- Skills Development Act
- QCTO and Seta policies and regulations
- Umalusi Acts and directives as it pertains to admissions into higher education.
Please note that this is an Employment Equity role