Reporting to:Director-The Independent Institute of Education
The admissions and graduation assistants are responsible for the delivery of allocated project tasks related to admissions and graduations. These tasks need to be delivered at agreed policy, process, how-to guides, system, quality levels and timeframes, under the supervision of the Deputy Registrar: Records and Student Administration.
Key Performance Area:
- Evaluation and Approval of non-standard admissions.
- Tracking and auditing conditional admissions
- Auditing of admissions on the NSC Exception Reports and registrar verifying such admissions on the Student Academic Management System. Escalating any erroneous admissions to the relevant line manager.
- Verifying and quality assuring the graduation documents which includes but are not limited to proof of identity, system identity numbers, names and surname as per ID/passport, school leaving and higher qualifications, study visas/ relevant study approval document, etc.
- Pulling the prescribed academic results reports off the student administration system.
- Graduating students off the Student Academic Management system, once the Student's Academic Transcripts have been checked and the students qualify to graduate.
- Updating the graduating students' registration status.
- Escalating any erroneous graduations to the Senior Assistant Registrar.
- Assisting with any other graduation and admission related queries and tasks as required.
The candidate must hold at least an NQF Level 5 Higher Certificate or equivalent.
At least 6 months experience with graduations and admissions in the higher education sector.
Physical Job Requirements: